For more than 10 years, we have completed projects in the development of mountain and ski resorts and are therefore in a position to deliver professional services to the highest standards and monitor your project accordingly.
1. Select a category
- All categories
- Site Evaluation and Feasibility Studies
- Climate Studies and Simulations
- Masterplanning of Ski Area Projects
- Economic Feasibility Studies and Financial Planning
- Market Analysis and Visitor Forecasts
- Marketing and Communications
- Operations and Management Consulting, External Controlling
- Geospatial Analytics (GIS)
2. Select a project to display the details
Pre-Feasibility Study and profitability analysis Winterberg-Interconnect
Client: Liftbetriebe Klante GmbH & Co. KG | Year: 2018
The Skiliftkarussell Winterberg, located in the Rothaargebirge low mountain area, is one of Germany’s five most visited ski areas, thanks to its proximity to the densely inhabited Ruhrgebiet and the Netherlands. By connecting the Skiliftkarussell to the neighboring ski areas of Neuastenberg and Altastenberg it shall become Germany’s largest ski area. As a first step for realizing this ambitious project Montenius Consult has developed and assessed various alternatives to interconnect the existing ski areas by new lifts and trails. The assessment had to evaluate economic and ecological impacts of the potential measures as well as the attractiveness from a skier perspective. The total volume of the project is 36 million Euros and it shall be carried out until 2023.
After positive signals regarding the possible permission of the interconnect by regional authorities Montenius Consult is now carrying out profitability analysis for the two smaller companies that shall join their ski areas to Skiliftkarussell Winterberg.